Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mixsearch

mixsearch

jacqueline

How do I get rid of MIXSEARCH that has attached itself to my homepage hard
drive and I can't install any other home page.
jacqueline
~~~~~~~~
email http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://members.lycos.co.uk/jackie147/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
laugh and the world laughs with you,
So,If you feel sad, laugh and fool your face into being happy,
your brain will follow suit. :0)]
Honest,try it!!

paul s

jacqueline wrote:

> How do I get rid of MIXSEARCH that has attached itself to my homepage hard
> drive and I can't install any other home page.
> jacqueline

A variation of LOP.COM, probably drive-by download thru ActiveX [1].

Lavasoft AdAware

http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

Spybot Search & Destroy

http://security.kolla.de/index.php?l...&page=download

[1] Pop Quiz:
Does ActiveX actually serve any useful purpose?

It seems to be used for nothing but spyware, homepage hijackers, and
pr0n-dialers.
--
Paul S

°Mike°

Remove the home page hijack with their utility:
http://www.mixsearch.com/help/cleaner.exe

Then install and use:

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://security.kolla.de/

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:32:24 GMT, in
<YgGLa.10532$(E-Mail Removed)>
jacqueline scrawled:

>How do I get rid of MIXSEARCH that has attached itself to my homepage hard
>drive and I can't install any other home page.
>jacqueline
>~~~~~~~~

<snip>

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

paul s

jacqueline wrote:

> I tried their own utility before but everytime I rebooted it came back on.
> I tried it again with site that you gave me,then I rebooted and it still
> came back on.
> It is driving me up the pole.
> Are there any more options that I can try.

Yeh use one or more of the below mentioned *free* spyware removal tools.

--
Paul S

°Mike°

As I said, install and use SpyBot etc. Use the 'Immunize'
feature, and lock the home page from being changed. It
will NOT be able to hijack you again, then.

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:07:01 GMT, in
<9qJLa.10790$(E-Mail Removed)>
jacqueline scrawled:

--