Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Norton Ghost help

Re: Norton Ghost help

ooyah

"Rover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If this is the wrong newsgroup, please direct me to the correct one.
>
> I'm trying to use Norton Ghost 2001 on a Win ME machine to clone my 25
> gig drive to another machine (running Win9 I have on a LAN at home. I
> CAN get Ghost to create a boot disk to clone to my local CD writer, but
> after 13 CDs it had a write error and quit; I'd like to go the LAN
> route. I CANNOT get Ghost to create a bootable diskette using the
> TCP/IP peer-to-peer. The selection of standard NIC cards doesn't
> include my card and none of the options I've used seem to work.
>
> Any ideas?

hello

download a packet driver or ndis2 driver for your nic, then create a ghost
network boot disk using one of these drivers - do the same for the other pc
on the lan, give the boot disks different ip address ( 10.0.0.1 & 10.0.0.2
will do ) and both disks subnet masks of 255.255.255.0 and then you have a
simple tcp/ip peer-to-peer network - the master will contain the drive you
wish to clone, the slave will be the destination for the clone

regards