Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AVI to Windoze format

AVI to Windoze format

Darren Hovey

I need a program to change avi's to windoze formate please and thank you

Paul - xxx

Darren Hovey deftly scribbled:

> I need a program to change avi's to windoze formate please and thank
> you

Irfanview ..
http://www.irfanview.com/

--
....................................Paul-xxx

Paul - xxx

Paul - xxx deftly scribbled:

> Darren Hovey deftly scribbled:
>
>> I need a program to change avi's to windoze formate please and thank
>> you

> Irfanview ..
> http://www.irfanview.com/

Just realised, after looking, isn't an AVI a windows compatible file anyway
? It seems to be on my system. Maybe you have an incomplete download or
your settings for file viewing are wrong ..

--
....................................Paul-xxx

gangle

This doesn't make much sense. There is no such thing
as "windows format." Are you having a problem
opening an avi? Do you want to convert avi files to mpg?
You are going to have to be more specific.

"Darren Hovey" wrote
> I need a program to change avi's to windoze formate please and thank you

Michael

"Darren Hovey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GAxLa.8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need a program to change avi's to windoze formate please and thank you

AVI is (the original) windows format.

If your media player stuff is up to date and you're having trouble playing
an AVI file, chances are either it's been corrupted, it's incomplete, or
it's been encoded using DivX.

I can't help you with the incomplete or corrupted file things, but the DivX
codecs are free, and they're available at http://www.divx.com/software/ ...
just look for the one that says "Price: Free".

((U))

Slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Darren Hovey continued:

> I need a program to change avi's to windoze formate please and thank
> you

Already is. State the problem, not the answer you *think* may be the right
one.

"Better to be thought foolish for asking an obvious question than appear
foolish for trying to be something you are not."
--
slumpy
no more

paul s

Darren Hovey wrote:

> I need a program to change avi's to windoze formate please and thank you

AVI is the original Windows video format. Go back to the porn-site you
downloaded the film from, and find what codec it needs.
--
Paul S

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ShepŠ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >AVI is (the original) windows format.

> Better ask,"Apple" about that

Apple would agree. (No quotes -- it's a real name.)
AVI was developed using parts of QuickTime (according to industry
gossip) when Microsoft realized how necessary a movie format would
become.

At the time, it was supposed that neither company wanted to deal with
courts, Microsoft might have been able to develop around the stolen
code, and Apple wanted certain concessions. The chief public parts of
the settlement were that Microsoft promise to develop Office for Mac at
the same rate they develop it for Windows, and that they make a
good-faith investment in Apple with $100 million in (non-voting) stock.
Obviously, the money meant little to either company. But Apple really
wanted a public promise from Microsoft of future development.