Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > RE: Corrupt Deleted Items Folder.

RE: Corrupt Deleted Items Folder.

Wind

Ok..I cannot find my orignal post. Please forgive the repeat posting. Win
XP and OE6. When clicking on any folder, OE hangs and I have to restart.
This does not always solve the problem. Sometimes, it will not "un-freeze".
I have done as instructed by Mike, and renamed the .dbx files for all
folders in OE. I have done this about 4 or 5 times now. It does help for a
few days, then OE will freeze or hang again and I have to redo it all. Does
anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks
Wind

--
Visit Wind's Haven:
http://www.geocities.com/windntn/

---

trout

Wind wrote:

> Ok..I cannot find my orignal post. Please forgive the repeat
> posting. Win XP and OE6. When clicking on any folder, OE hangs and
> I have to restart. This does not always solve the problem.
> Sometimes, it will not "un-freeze". I have done as instructed by
> Mike, and renamed the .dbx files for all folders in OE. I have done
> this about 4 or 5 times now. It does help for a few days, then OE
> will freeze or hang again and I have to redo it all. Does anyone
> have any other suggestions?
> Thanks
> Wind

Have you tried a repair?
How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in
Windows XP:
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378>
--
"Good luck."

°Mike°

If your .dbx files are continually becoming corrupt, then I
suspect that you have 'Compact in the background' selected.
Turn this feature off - it is known to cause this problem.
It is found in Tools / Options / Maintenance.

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 14:50:18 -0400, in
<bdko1c$tmahp$(E-Mail Removed)>
Wind scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Wind

Nope. I unchecked it just like you said to before...
I will try the repair that trout has suggested.
Thanks
Wind
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If your .dbx files are continually becoming corrupt, then I
> suspect that you have 'Compact in the background' selected.
> Turn this feature off - it is known to cause this problem.
> It is found in Tools / Options / Maintenance.
>

> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 14:50:18 -0400, in
> <bdko1c$tmahp$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Wind scrawled:
>
> >Ok..I cannot find my orignal post. Please forgive the repeat posting.

Win
> >XP and OE6. When clicking on any folder, OE hangs and I have to restart.
> >This does not always solve the problem. Sometimes, it will not

"un-freeze".
> >I have done as instructed by Mike, and renamed the .dbx files for all
> >folders in OE. I have done this about 4 or 5 times now. It does help

for a
> >few days, then OE will freeze or hang again and I have to redo it all.

Does
> >anyone have any other suggestions?
> >Thanks
> >Wind

> --
> STGP, OGPE24HSHD

---

Wind

news:bdkq7l$u62op$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wind wrote:
>
> > Ok..I cannot find my orignal post. Please forgive the repeat
> > posting. Win XP and OE6. When clicking on any folder, OE hangs and
> > I have to restart. This does not always solve the problem.
> > Sometimes, it will not "un-freeze". I have done as instructed by
> > Mike, and renamed the .dbx files for all folders in OE. I have done
> > this about 4 or 5 times now. It does help for a few days, then OE
> > will freeze or hang again and I have to redo it all. Does anyone
> > have any other suggestions?
> > Thanks
> > Wind

> Have you tried a repair?
> How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in
> Windows XP:
> <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378>
> --
> "Good luck."

Thank you. Now, will this remove my favs in IE?
Wind

---

trout

Wind wrote:

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bdkq7l$u62op$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Wind wrote:
>>
>>> Ok..I cannot find my orignal post. Please forgive the repeat
>>> posting. Win XP and OE6. When clicking on any folder, OE hangs and
>>> I have to restart. This does not always solve the problem.
>>> Sometimes, it will not "un-freeze". I have done as instructed by
>>> Mike, and renamed the .dbx files for all folders in OE. I have done
>>> this about 4 or 5 times now. It does help for a few days, then OE
>>> will freeze or hang again and I have to redo it all. Does anyone
>>> have any other suggestions?
>>> Thanks
>>> Wind

>> Have you tried a repair?
>> How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in
>> Windows XP:
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378>
>> --
>> "Good luck."
>>

> Thank you. Now, will this remove my favs in IE?
> Wind

A repair won't. If you go so far as a reinstallation, you may want
to back them up. But I can't advise with *certainty*, regarding XP.
--
"I'm sure Mike can tell you, if he's still around."

Wind

news:bdl4u3$p1m13$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wind wrote:
>
> > "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bdkq7l$u62op$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Have you tried a repair?
> >> How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in
> >> Windows XP:
> >> <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378>
> >> --
> >> "Good luck."
> >>

> > Thank you. Now, will this remove my favs in IE?
> > Wind

> A repair won't. If you go so far as a reinstallation, you may want
> to back them up. But I can't advise with *certainty*, regarding XP.
> --
> "I'm sure Mike can tell you, if he's still around."

Thank you very much for you time and expertise...you all always have the
best and most accurate info. I always ask here first!
Wind

---