Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > stop Internet conn' when PC starts

stop Internet conn' when PC starts

Twixer

Hi all can anyone remind me how stop a PC connecting to the net whenever the
PC is switched on?

--
Regards Ron...........

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Twixer wrote:
> Hi all can anyone remind me how stop a PC connecting to the net whenever the
> PC is switched on?

Figure out which program it is that is trying to access the net. Look in
your startup folder. Or do a Ctrl + Alt + Del and look at the running
programs and by process of elimination get rid of the one making a
request to be online. Could be Weatherbug, a virus or trojan, spyware,
adware or one of umpteen others.

Twixer

> Twixer wrote:
> > Hi all can anyone remind me how stop a PC connecting to the net whenever

the
> > PC is switched on?
> >

> Figure out which program it is that is trying to access the net. Look in
> your startup folder. Or do a Ctrl + Alt + Del and look at the running
> programs and by process of elimination get rid of the one making a
> request to be online. Could be Weatherbug, a virus or trojan, spyware,
> adware or one of umpteen others.

Thanks I will Have a look around!

Plato

Rgr wrote:

> request to be online. Could be Weatherbug, a virus or trojan, spyware,

That weatherbug program is being offerned on many sites now. Darn
popups/popunders with the weatherbug. Silly app.

Flash

news:3efd742d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Twixer wrote:
> > Hi all can anyone remind me how stop a PC connecting to the net whenever

the
> > PC is switched on?

Zone Alarm was doing that here until I downloaded the latest version.