Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: problem with avi file

Re: problem with avi file

Ionizer

First, I'd recommend that you confirm that you really DO have the specific
video codec for this movie file by loading it into GSpot:
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ (freeware, no install required.) GSpot
identifies required video and audio codecs and tells you if you have them
already installed.

Windows Media Player only automatically downloads Microsoft codecs, so it's
quite possible that you don't have the codec. Even if you do, WMP is not
always the best media player for movie files. "BSPlayer" will play movies
which WMP refuses to, in my experience: http://www.bsplayer.org/

Regards,
Ian.

news:bdijdg$4g0$(E-Mail Removed)...