Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Stopping Messenger messages

Re: Stopping Messenger messages

Plato

Jim wrote:

> After installing Norton and Spybot there are still "Messenger" messages
> appearing on a friend's machine. I've suggested Pop-up Stopper. Any suggestions?

Nortons or Spybot do NOT address Messenger Service:
http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop5.htm#3

Jim

Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

>Jim wrote:
>>
>> After installing Norton and Spybot there are still "Messenger" messages
>> appearing on a friend's machine. I've suggested Pop-up Stopper. Any suggestions?

>Nortons or Spybot do NOT address Messenger Service:
>http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop5.htm#3

Thanks - that makes sense. I was assuming they came either as a virus or adware
which is why I started with Norton/Spybot - I also suggested she install Zone
Alarm but I don't think she's done that yet. Thanks for the link.

Jim