Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Reclaiming Home Page in IE 6.0

Reclaiming Home Page in IE 6.0

Ron Flaman

I inadvertently made Webshots my home page. Now when I try to access
internet options I get the message: "This operation has been cancelled due
to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator."

How to I correct this.

Thank you.

Robert Schumacher

"Ron Flaman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00wKa.314203$(E-Mail Removed) a...
> I inadvertently made Webshots my home page. Now when I try to access
> internet options I get the message: "This operation has been cancelled due
> to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system
> administrator."

Are you using Windows NT/2000/XP? If so, log in as administrator.

--
Robert Schumacher
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schumachersforum

°Mike°

Back up your registry first.

HOW TO Backup, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;322754

Close down Internet Explorer.

Open the registry editor (Start / Run / regedit) and navigate
to each of the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
+SOFTWARE
+Policies
+Microsoft
+Internet Explorer
+Control Panel

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
+Software
+Policies
+Microsoft
+Internet Explorer
+Control Panel

In the right hand pane, there will be an entry called HomePage.
Either delete this entry, or change it's value to 00000000.

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:02:36 GMT, in
<00wKa.314203$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ron Flaman scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Ron Flaman

Thank you, Mike. Everythings OK now.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Back up your registry first.
>
> HOW TO Backup, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;322754
>
> Close down Internet Explorer.
>
> Open the registry editor (Start / Run / regedit) and navigate
> to each of the following keys:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
> +SOFTWARE
> +Policies
> +Microsoft
> +Internet Explorer
> +Control Panel
>

> HKEY_CURRENT_USER
> +Software
> +Policies
> +Microsoft
> +Internet Explorer
> +Control Panel
>
> In the right hand pane, there will be an entry called HomePage.
> Either delete this entry, or change it's value to 00000000.
>

> On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:02:36 GMT, in
> <00wKa.314203$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Ron Flaman scrawled:
>
> >I inadvertently made Webshots my home page. Now when I try
> >to access internet options I get the message: "This operation
> >has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer.
> >Please contact your system administrator."
> >
> >How to I correct this.
> >
> >Thank you.
> >

> --
> STGP, OGPE24HSHD

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:19:11 GMT, in
<32FKa.319988$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ron Flaman scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Reclaiming this group for Java enthusiasts softwarepearls_com Java 4 10-04-2008 08:17 PM
Reclaiming locks CJ C Programming 6 10-30-2007 07:10 AM
reclaiming hard drive space =?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?= Windows 64bit 10 04-10-2007 02:54 AM
Reclaiming (lots of) memory Thomas Rast Python 11 10-22-2004 01:18 PM
0 Kb of RAM left, reclaiming it ?? fredcromer Computer Information 8 06-19-2004 03:48 PM

Advertisments