Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Windows 2000 Administrator Account

Re: Windows 2000 Administrator Account

John

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:27:47 -0700, John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Thanks Jimchip and Billh.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. On my old Windows 95 PC, I am
always in ther Admin mode, and nothing has happened yet. Also, I have
had this Win2k machine for two years, and it's been OK so far. Maybe
you are right and I have just been lucky. Or perhaps, it's because I
use a firewall and virus protection, etc, plus I have my browser
security settings on high. Plus I don't use OE for email. My email
client doesn't support any scripts or any such things. And I do
frequent registry backups.

So I think that I will continue in the Admin mode.

If I ever live to regret this decision, I will post back with the
gruesome details.

Billh

John all thing you listed as doing are going a long way to keeping you safe
no matter what account you are running. What will put you over the top is
Backing up your whole system. I use Ghost and a second hard drive to back
up the whole system. Then as more insurance I burn cd's of all my data and
store them off site in case of a real disaster.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...