Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: simple question for a beginner

Re: simple question for a beginner

John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions

Try to use relative links. look at the source code on www.bluecase.co.uk and
you should see what I mean. One of the links dosn't work at the moment
because I havn't converted to relative link yet.

"debs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gylEa.2794$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
>
> i want to host a site on the internet.
>
> i have created the site locally on my pc (eg:
> http://localhost/mysite/default.asp)
>
> my problem is that when i upload the contents of "mysite" to the internet
> all my references in my code (ie: server.mapPaths, virtual include files)
> are messed up.
>
> it's because when i upload the files, they are stored in the wwwroot

folder
> of the server so there is no "mysite" subfolder.
>
> i could fix it by creating the "mysite" subfolder but i dont want to do

that
> because it would mean my LIVE url will be something like
> www.debbie.com/mysite. i just want it to be www.debbie.com
>
> the other way i could fix it is to remove the "mysite" folder on my
> localhost and develop my code in the root wwwroot folder. i dont want to

do
> this either because i work on several websites at the same time, so i

create
> subfolders.
>
> how can i solve this problem, is it something to do with virtual

directories