Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > red cross

red cross

PWB

whenever I go to some webpades I get a white square with a red cross in it
instead of an image ,. Can someoneone please tell me why this is and how I
rectify it please. TIA

I am using IE6.

---

Brian H¹©

Errrrr...erm... PWB said:

> whenever I go to some webpades I get a white square with a red cross in it
> instead of an image ,. Can someoneone please tell me why this is and how I
> rectify it please. TIA
>
> I am using IE6.

> ---

°Mike°

Images Are Not Displayed Properly in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q176945

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q283807

How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q263070

Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q181836

Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q223050

Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:09:52 +0100, in
<4ZpKa.706$%(E-Mail Removed)>
PWB scrawled:

>whenever I go to some webpades I get a white square with a red cross in it
>instead of an image ,. Can someoneone please tell me why this is and how I
>rectify it please. TIA
>
>I am using IE6.

<snip broken, spammy AVG sig>

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Plato

PWB wrote:

> whenever I go to some webpades I get a white square with a red cross in it
> instead of an image ,. Can someoneone please tell me why this is and how I
> rectify it please. TIA

Since you get images correctly on most webpages, it means the author of
the "some" webpages isn't keeping up with his/her maintanance.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

zillianne

Had the same problem. For some reason, probably a recent update I did
for IE, the Macromedia Flash Player didn't work and I could'nt
download it from Macromedia site. Try 'standalone' version of the
player via www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

fs: Detroit Red Wings, Red Alert - Hockeytown 3 sonof3m DVD Video 0 12-17-2004 12:59 AM
Datawrite Red (V3) Red - DVD-R's Alex B Computer Support 3 07-16-2004 12:08 AM
Red cross ? Wilson Computer Support 6 05-30-2004 01:40 PM
Problems view charts/pictures in IE6 - red cross displayed instead James Doyle Computer Support 4 01-16-2004 01:18 AM
Red Hat Defines end of Red Hat Linux steve NZ Computing 14 11-06-2003 06:19 AM

Advertisments