Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Notebook Screen goes dark

Notebook Screen goes dark

Ruada

I have a Compaq 1930 using W98. When I first open the case the screen is
visible. After just a few seconds it goes dark. If I run my finger over
the button that is depressed when I close the cover the screen will light up
and evererything is running but it again almost immediately goes dark. I
can get the screen lit up for about 2 secs each time I depress the button
that is depressed when the cover is closed but it will not stay up. Any
hints, clues, or ideas about what to check and or how to fix this?

Robert Schumacher

"Ruada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:1056535291.357515@prawn...
> I have a Compaq 1930 using W98. When I first open the case the screen is
> visible. After just a few seconds it goes dark. If I run my finger over
> the button that is depressed when I close the cover the screen will light up
> and evererything is running but it again almost immediately goes dark. I
> can get the screen lit up for about 2 secs each time I depress the button
> that is depressed when the cover is closed but it will not stay up. Any
> hints, clues, or ideas about what to check and or how to fix this?

Power management settings for the screen, perhaps? Check in Display Properties
(right click desktop, properties, screen saver tab (yes, screen saver tab),
button on the bottom.

HTH.

--
Robert Schumacher
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schumachersforum

news.verizon.net

"Ruada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have a Compaq 1930 using W98. When I first open the case the screen is
> visible. After just a few seconds it goes dark. If I run my finger over
> the button that is depressed when I close the cover the screen will light

up
> and evererything is running but it again almost immediately goes dark. I
> can get the screen lit up for about 2 secs each time I depress the button
> that is depressed when the cover is closed but it will not stay up. Any
> hints, clues, or ideas about what to check and or how to fix this?

Robert Schumacher

Spammer who's too damn stupid to even spam correctly.

Robert Schumacher
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schumachersforum
http://www.plastic.com

"news.verizon.net" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:n6lKa.11379$N%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ruada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I have a Compaq 1930 using W98. When I first open the case the screen is
> > visible. After just a few seconds it goes dark. If I run my finger over
> > the button that is depressed when I close the cover the screen will light

> up
> > and evererything is running but it again almost immediately goes dark. I
> > can get the screen lit up for about 2 secs each time I depress the button
> > that is depressed when the cover is closed but it will not stay up. Any
> > hints, clues, or ideas about what to check and or how to fix this?

Pete M

This looks like a hardware fault in the power supply for the LCD backlight.
Don't see an easy fix.

Pete M