Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: help with computer not working

Re: help with computer not working

Carlos

First get it to a minimum... power supply, mother board, cpu, fan, memory
and vid card only.
If you have the extra parts then start swapping.
I suggest first with the Video card cause it's the easiest to swap.
Then the Fan (yes fans can cause this)
then the CPU...
Before checking the mother board I would swap the power supply (again just
easier)
Carlos
www.canadianpc.com

"B coivrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0H7Ka.60059$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> Hi
> My computer with win xp 256 ram AIW 128 video card abit motherboard.
> cpu 1000
>
> all has been well with my computer for like a year, now it will not post
> No beep just a black screen.
> I do hear the hard drivers kicking in, and see the cd rom light go on.
> So what do you think it could be? I made this system like a year ago and

it
> has been fine till now.
> Could it be the video card or the cpu or the memory or what?

Danny

How the hell can fans cause this?

news:2_9Ka.13615$(E-Mail Removed) e.rogers.com...
> First get it to a minimum... power supply, mother board, cpu, fan, memory
> and vid card only.
> If you have the extra parts then start swapping.
> I suggest first with the Video card cause it's the easiest to swap.
> Then the Fan (yes fans can cause this)
> then the CPU...
> Before checking the mother board I would swap the power supply (again just
> easier)
> Carlos
> www.canadianpc.com
>
> "B coivrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0H7Ka.60059$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> > Hi
> > My computer with win xp 256 ram AIW 128 video card abit motherboard.
> > cpu 1000
> >
> > all has been well with my computer for like a year, now it will not post
> > No beep just a black screen.
> > I do hear the hard drivers kicking in, and see the cd rom light go on.
> > So what do you think it could be? I made this system like a year ago and

> it
> > has been fine till now.
> > Could it be the video card or the cpu or the memory or what?

Slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Danny continued:

> How the hell can fans cause this?

Could be anything in the case, best to eliminate everything with a
connection to the mobo.
--
slumpy
no more

eck eck

get known good parts and do the 'ol selective interchange =))

> > How the hell can fans cause this?

cuz some fans turn into Stalkers, thats why Madonna have 7 bodyguards =P

"Slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bdbok1$qgdk6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> threw back my head and roared with laughter as Danny continued:
>
> > How the hell can fans cause this?

> Could be anything in the case, best to eliminate everything with a
> connection to the mobo.
> --
> slumpy
> no more
> no less
> just slumpy

Slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as eck eck continued:

>>> How the hell can fans cause this?

> cuz some fans turn into Stalkers, thats why Madonna have 7 bodyguards
> =P

Badoomp-Cha!!
--
slumpy