Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Uninstalling Linux?

Uninstalling Linux?

-'-JesterDev-'-

I install mandrake linux a few months ago, and have since needed to hard
drive that it's on for another computer. But I cant remove the hd because I
get an error when trying to boot into the other drive with winxp. So how
exactly do I uninstall it???

Jimchip

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:01:55 GMT, -'-JesterDev-'- wrote:
> I install mandrake linux a few months ago, and have since needed to hard
> drive that it's on for another computer. But I cant remove the hd because I
> get an error when trying to boot into the other drive with winxp. So how
> exactly do I uninstall it???

You don't say how you set up the multiboot. You may have to do something
like uninstall LILO. Is the remaining XP HD jumpered as the master?

(lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

philo

"-'-JesterDev-'-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsL4Ka.9639$R73.2454@sccrnsc04...
> I install mandrake linux a few months ago, and have since needed to hard
> drive that it's on for another computer. But I cant remove the hd because

> get an error when trying to boot into the other drive with winxp. So how
> exactly do I uninstall it???

boot to linux
to remove lilo the command is lilo -u

then run fdisk from linux and delete all the linux partitions

after you remove the disk
if you cannot boot to XP
you willl need to boot with your XP cd and enter the recovery console

you will need to issue one (or both) of the following commands:

fixboot
fixmbr