Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't burn dvds with DMA enabled.

Can't burn dvds with DMA enabled.

Rednose

Can't burn dvds with DMA enabled.
I deleted all cd-rom entries in device manager (safe mode) as
recommended by Shep
And successfully burnt 1 dvd, now its gone back to crashing when DMA
is enabled.
The only change I made after successful burn was to install Daemon
tools, I tried uninstalling it but hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Steve

Shepİ

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:10:10 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
scutters Rednose <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Can't burn dvds with DMA enabled.
>I deleted all cd-rom entries in device manager (safe mode) as
>recommended by Shep
>And successfully burnt 1 dvd, now its gone back to crashing when DMA
>is enabled.
>The only change I made after successful burn was to install Daemon
>tools, I tried uninstalling it but hasn't helped.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Steve

Check the mother board maker's site for updated drivers.There may be a
required IDE controller pack.
Also if you can find the make of the mother board/chip set use your
News group list and look for the appropriate group as there will be
someone who most likely has a specific fix.
On an older system I had to run a DMA patch for win98 to get full DMA
which was obtained from the mother board maker's site or the mother
board chip maker's site.

:O)

--
Free Windows/PC help,