Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WordPerfect 11 - any good?

WordPerfect 11 - any good?

Dan Edmonds

I've been in this group for a fortnight now, and you guys seem to be a
pretty clued-up bunch. I'm looking to upgrade my Office suite, and
stumbled across this page: http://www.wpvsword.com/wp11vsword11

It all looks pretty straight-up, but the guy's obviously a fan, so I
kinda want to hear the other side. This WordPerfect is a hell of a lot
cheaper than Word, and I
like the idea of a built-in PDF thing, without having to shell out
megabucks for Acrobat, so I thought I'd see what you guys all think.

--
Australia - the GREAT Southern Land

Bones

"Dan Edmonds" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I've been in this group for a fortnight now, and you guys seem to be a
> pretty clued-up bunch. I'm looking to upgrade my Office suite, and
> stumbled across this page: http://www.wpvsword.com/wp11vsword11
>
> It all looks pretty straight-up, but the guy's obviously a fan, so I
> kinda want to hear the other side. This WordPerfect is a hell of a lot
> cheaper than Word, and I
> like the idea of a built-in PDF thing, without having to shell out
> megabucks for Acrobat, so I thought I'd see what you guys all think.
>
> --
> Australia - the GREAT Southern Land

Word Perfect has reveal codes- you can see all those hidden codes( font
changes, tab marks, etc) that you can't in Word. It will open Word files so
that you read anyuthing sent you.
Go for it !
Vic

The Freek

What about Lotus WordPro?

Free pdf converter: http://www.itforcharities.co.uk/reviews/pdf995.htm
(review)
http://download.com.com/3000-2166-10...age&tag=search (download)

Joseph N.

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:32:24 GMT, The Freek wrote in
<news:YhZJa.2753$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> What about Lotus WordPro?

I'll second that. I've tried them all. They're all pretty good, and
have different strengths and limitations. But I think Word Pro tops
them all in functionality, stability, and even ease of use.

Dan Edmonds

"The Freek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<YhZJa.2753$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> What about Lotus WordPro?
>
> Free pdf converter: http://www.itforcharities.co.uk/reviews/pdf995.htm
> (review)
> http://download.com.com/3000-2166-10...age&tag=search (download)

Thanks mate. That 995 thing doesn't do PDF conversion of bookmarks and
internal hyperlinks, though, and WP11 does, or so it says. I've also
discovered that you can get a 30 day trial of WP11, so I think I'll
give that one a go and see how it turns out.

--
Australia - the GREAT Southern Land