Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ad-Aware update OR148 24.06.2003

Reply
Thread Tools

Ad-Aware update OR148 24.06.2003

 
 
Brian H供
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2003
Ad-Aware reflist update

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/aaw6.exe ver 6 build 162
www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/reflist.ref OR148 24.06.2003


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
bb3
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2003
Thanks.
"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NmLJa.2977$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ad-Aware reflist update
>
> --
> www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/aaw6.exe ver 6 build 162
> www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/reflist.ref OR148 24.06.2003
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian H供
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2003
X-No-Archive: Yes
Errrrr...erm... bb3 said:

> Thanks.


You're welcome.

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NmLJa.2977$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ad-Aware reflist update
>>
>> --
>> www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/aaw6.exe ver 6 build 162
>> www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/reflist.ref OR148 24.06.2003




 
Reply With Quote
 
癕ike
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2003
Thanks.

NEW:
MSConnect Malware
Bay Technologies ltd Dialer
TopPicks\IdiumSystems Updater
Premium-Connect "Browser Update" (Dialer)
"Clicker" hijacker
Several tracking cookies


UPDATED:
NCase
Whazit Toolbar
Brilliant-Digital Projector
FreeScratchCards
MemoryMeter
Adult-Chat (Dialer)
NetPal
PeopleOnPage(POP!)
Purity-Scan
ShopNav Hijacker
BroadCast PC
Favoriteman
My-Way Speedbar.


On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:41:52 +0100, in
<NmLJa.2977$(E-Mail Removed)>
Brian H供 scrawled:

>Ad-Aware reflist update


--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian H供
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2003
X-No-Archive: Yes
Errrrr...erm... 癕ike said:

> Thanks.


You're welcome

>
> NEW:
> MSConnect Malware
> Bay Technologies ltd Dialer
> TopPicks\IdiumSystems Updater
> Premium-Connect "Browser Update" (Dialer)
> "Clicker" hijacker
> Several tracking cookies
>
>
> UPDATED:
> NCase
> Whazit Toolbar
> Brilliant-Digital Projector
> FreeScratchCards
> MemoryMeter
> Adult-Chat (Dialer)
> NetPal
> PeopleOnPage(POP!)
> Purity-Scan
> ShopNav Hijacker
> BroadCast PC
> Favoriteman
> My-Way Speedbar.
>
>
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:41:52 +0100, in
> <NmLJa.2977$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Brian H供 scrawled:
>
>> Ad-Aware reflist update




 
Reply With Quote
 
癕ike
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2003
Settings / Tweak / Webupdate ... 'Automatically look for
updated reference files on startup'.

Ad-aware and SpyBot do not run in the background.
Just scan on demand.


On 23 Jun 2003 23:07:36 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Haveajellybaby scrawled:

>Concerning this update:
>
>Is there a way to configure Ad-aware to search for updates as soon as you
>activate the program?
>
>I always get the two mixed up. I know you can't run more than one antivirus
>program at a time, but can you have more than one spyware protector running at
>a time. And if not, which is the preferred to always be activated?


--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD
 
Reply With Quote
 
Haveajellybaby
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2003
>Settings / Tweak / Webupdate ... 'Automatically look for
>updated reference files on startup'.
>
>Ad-aware and SpyBot do not run in the background.
>Just scan on demand.
>
>
>On 23 Jun 2003 23:07:36 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Haveajellybaby scrawled:
>
>>Concerning this update:
>>
>>Is there a way to configure Ad-aware to search for updates as soon as you
>>activate the program?
>>
>>I always get the two mixed up. I know you can't run more than one antivirus
>>program at a time, but can you have more than one spyware protector running

>at
>>a time. And if not, which is the preferred to always be activated?

>
>--
>STGP, OGPE24HSHD
>
>Great! Next question. Is there a reason why you would NOT want to set them

(ad-aware and other programs) to do this automatically? Just wondering why all
the updates are announced on this newsgroup? Thanks
>
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
癕ike
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2003
On 24 Jun 2003 00:12:09 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Haveajellybaby scrawled:

>>Settings / Tweak / Webupdate ... 'Automatically look for
>>updated reference files on startup'.
>>
>>Ad-aware and SpyBot do not run in the background.
>>Just scan on demand.


<snip>

>>Great! Next question. Is there a reason why you would NOT

>want to set them (ad-aware and other programs) to do this
>automatically?


Not really. It's a matter of personal preference.

>Just wondering why all the updates are announced on this
>newsgroup? Thanks


So that others (who might not update regularly) are aware of them.

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2003
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:30 +0100, 癕ike wrote:

>On 24 Jun 2003 00:12:09 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Haveajellybaby scrawled:
>
>>>Settings / Tweak / Webupdate ... 'Automatically look for
>>>updated reference files on startup'.
>>>
>>>Ad-aware and SpyBot do not run in the background.
>>>Just scan on demand.

>
><snip>
>
>>>Great! Next question. Is there a reason why you would NOT

>>want to set them (ad-aware and other programs) to do this
>>automatically?

>
>Not really. It's a matter of personal preference.


I don't want my system or software to do _anything_ on its own....

>
>>Just wondering why all the updates are announced on this
>>newsgroup? Thanks

>
>So that others (who might not update regularly) are aware of them.


And thank you for doing so.

--
"No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
 
Reply With Quote
 
癕ike
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2003
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:25:53 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Mara scrawled:

>On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:30 +0100, 癕ike wrote:
>
>>On 24 Jun 2003 00:12:09 GMT, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Haveajellybaby scrawled:


<snip>

>>>>Great! Next question. Is there a reason why you would NOT
>>>want to set them (ad-aware and other programs) to do this
>>>automatically?

>>
>>Not really. It's a matter of personal preference.

>
>I don't want my system or software to do _anything_ on its own....


Me either. If it doesn't have manual gears, it's time
to change software.

>>>Just wondering why all the updates are announced on this
>>>newsgroup? Thanks

>>
>>So that others (who might not update regularly) are aware of them.

>
>And thank you for doing so.


YW.

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update On The Windows Phone 7 Update Update Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 2 02-25-2011 08:03 AM
[BUG?] (2) Update database using stored procedure and OleDbDataAdapter.Update joun ASP .Net 5 11-30-2004 06:51 PM
[BUG?] Update database using stored procedure and OleDbDataAdapter.Update joun ASP .Net 9 11-30-2004 04:57 AM
[Vb.net question] how to apply online update function into program (the effect just like Norton system work live update) chan ASP .Net 1 03-04-2004 02:58 PM
Datalist: update a datasource without using select/edit/update Hartmut Schroth ASP .Net 3 12-01-2003 09:54 AM



Advertisments