Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Netmeeting Help?

Netmeeting Help?

rfdjr1@optonline.net

A friend and myself are trying to get on-line in Net Meeting and having
no luck at all. At first, I was using Intel Video Phone which came with
my INtel camera, and he was using Netmeeting. Now I'm trying to also use
Netmeeting. We can't connect, or at best, it's one way with video. We
also can't seem to get "registered" with one of the sites that the
software apparently goes looking for you in. Any ideas on how to make
this work? If it matters, I'm using Windows 98SE and he's got Windows
ME. This has become an obsession, just trying to see how it works.
Thanks.

rfdjr1@optonline.net

I have a cable modem. In fact, I don't even have a phone modem in my
system. So if that's what you're referring to as an Intel modem, it
can't be that. My cable modem is US Robotics. So if I try Netmeeting,
I'm not using anything Intel but the camera. Could that be a problem?
Thanks.

>> A friend and myself are trying to get on-line in Net Meeting and having
>> no luck at all. At first, I was using Intel Video Phone which came with
>> my INtel camera, and he was using Netmeeting. Now I'm trying to also use
>> Netmeeting. We can't connect, or at best, it's one way with video. We
>> also can't seem to get "registered" with one of the sites that the
>> software apparently goes looking for you in. Any ideas on how to make
>> this work? If it matters, I'm using Windows 98SE and he's got Windows
>> ME. This has become an obsession, just trying to see how it works.
>> Thanks.

>You will probably find that it is the Intel bits causing you a problem,
>*especially* if your modem is Intel, for some strange reason Intel isn't fully
>compatible with Intel.

Brian H

Errrrr...erm... http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said:

> I have a cable modem. In fact, I don't even have a phone modem in my
> system. So if that's what you're referring to as an Intel modem, it
> can't be that. My cable modem is US Robotics. So if I try Netmeeting,
> I'm not using anything Intel but the camera. Could that be a problem?
> Thanks.

I only mentioned it because a friend had the same problem setting up someone
elses pc, when he dumped the Intel modem the problem went away.
I have problems with MSN Messenger now, because he has 98se and I have 2000, we
can't chat unless we use NetMeeting.
I'm not sure if the problem you are having is because you have 2 slightly
different OS's, I wouldn't have thought so though, as ME is still 98.

>>> A friend and myself are trying to get on-line in Net Meeting and having
>>> no luck at all. At first, I was using Intel Video Phone which came with
>>> my INtel camera, and he was using Netmeeting. Now I'm trying to also use
>>> Netmeeting. We can't connect, or at best, it's one way with video. We
>>> also can't seem to get "registered" with one of the sites that the
>>> software apparently goes looking for you in. Any ideas on how to make
>>> this work? If it matters, I'm using Windows 98SE and he's got Windows
>>> ME. This has become an obsession, just trying to see how it works.
>>> Thanks.

>> You will probably find that it is the Intel bits causing you a problem,
>> *especially* if your modem is Intel, for some strange reason Intel isn't
>> fully compatible with Intel.

MN-700 and NetMeeting Shane Wireless Networking 1 02-09-2005 02:08 PM
Cisco SOHO 91 & Netmeeting M.N. Cisco 0 07-21-2004 01:58 AM
netmeeting =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?= Microsoft Certification 0 12-16-2003 05:26 PM
Microsoft Netmeeting w/ NAT Colin Cisco 2 07-14-2003 05:28 PM
827-4v & netmeeting gabriele Cisco 0 07-08-2003 10:07 AM

Advertisments