Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to convert audio tapes to CD

How to convert audio tapes to CD

LilJohn

I have several taped speeches and other oral presentations on diskettes. I
would like to convert them to CDs. How would I connect the tape player to my
computer? I have been looking at www.dazzle.com which makes a USB interface
for analog video for possible use on a tape player I don't know if it will
work of if there is an easier way. Anybody got any ideas? thanks.
LilJohn

Shepİ

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:11:48 GMT, Whilst playing Smegball with the
scutters "LilJohn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>I have several taped speeches and other oral presentations on diskettes. I
>would like to convert them to CDs. How would I connect the tape player to my
>computer? I have been looking at www.dazzle.com which makes a USB interface
>for analog video for possible use on a tape player I don't know if it will
>work of if there is an easier way. Anybody got any ideas? thanks.
>LilJohn

If the tape deck has line-outs plug them into the line-in of your
sound card and the sound card may have come with a,"Wave" recorder
software that you can use to record to .wav format best at 44.1k
stereo so it can be converted to .cda format by your CDR/W burning
software easily.
If you don't have the software the Shareware,"Goldwave",
http://www.goldwave.com/
will do the job.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

rfdjr1@optonline.net

I don't know how your tape player works, but I've done this a number of
times simply coming out of the speaker jack in the tape player directly
into the line-in on my sound card. Then you can record onto your hard
drive using whatever software you have. I use the software that came
with my Sound Blaster card. Windows also has a no frills recorder that
might work. After you transfer the clips to your hard drive, you can
burn them onto CD's. This is the short version, but it might get you
started. Hope it helps. You might even want to convert the clips to mp3
files to save space depending on their original size.

>I have several taped speeches and other oral presentations on diskettes. I
>would like to convert them to CDs. How would I connect the tape player to my
>computer? I have been looking at www.dazzle.com which makes a USB interface
>for analog video for possible use on a tape player I don't know if it will
>work of if there is an easier way. Anybody got any ideas? thanks.
>LilJohn

LilJohn

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to see if I can make it work.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...