Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hesitating Mouse

Hesitating Mouse

Douglas Washington

Why does my mouse hesitate when I try to select icons or select programs. Also when I type, the text appears after I finish typing..about a few seconds later. Also I see my light on my computer blinking every now and then...which means something is running. What could be the cause of this?

Douglas

trout

Douglas Washington wrote:

> Why does my mouse hesitate when I try to select icons or select
> programs. Also when I type, the text appears after I finish
> typing..about a few seconds later. Also I see my light on my
> computer blinking every now and then...which means something is
> running. What could be the cause of this?
>
> Douglas

(Please post in Plain Text)

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and see what processes are running in the
background. Do you scan regularly for viruses and spyware?
--
"In future, include system basics."

Miggsee

(trout told you about plain text)
Have you cleaned the mouse ball lately?

Run Ad-Aware. www.lavasoftusa.com to rid your computer of spyware

Following trout's advice, also go to Run> type msconfig> and look at your
startup tab. Compare these applications to this site
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.htm , and uncheck things that
aren't necessary. Many applications sit there selves there, waiting to be
used, and using resources. The devices/programs run fine with out always
hogging resources.

Clean out your temp and temporary internet folders.

news:6ntJa.42$(E-Mail Removed). com...