Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Program folder opens on startup (XP).

Program folder opens on startup (XP).

[SWE]Bobbo

Most irritating.
All by a sudden the program folder opens on startup. Obviously it's
because something has messed up my system, but I do not know what. I
recognise this problem from W 95 and 98, but I have not met this
problem on a XP machine. 'til now.
I have checked for entries in start menu -> autostart and registry
entries in the common "run" folder, but there's nothing there that
could generate this problem.
Therefore I turn to you, good people.

--End of message--

°Mike°

Make sure that all of your startup shortcuts pointing
to "Program Files", has double quotes around them.

Start / Run / Control Folders / View ...
Uncheck 'Restore previous folder windows at logon'.

Remove Common Tasks from Desktop
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...sk_desktop.htm

On 22 Jun 2003 14:05:42 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >