Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Question ?

Question ?

mpg

Is it possible for someone with AOL to see this message board?

Plato

mpg wrote:

> Is it possible for someone with AOL to see this message board?

Sure. groups.google.com

One can even sign up with them and post here from an AOL account.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

gangle

It's called a newsgroup. Yes, it is available to
victims of AOL.

"mpg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:JocJa.59679$(E-Mail Removed) thlink.net...
> Is it possible for someone with AOL to see this message board?

Boomer

"mpg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:56sJa.8482$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net:

> What about reading AOL message boards from outside of AOL? is
> that possible?
> I have had a butt full of AOL and am leaving them. I am sick of
> all the
> spam and junk mail.
> I am trying Earthlink right now and I don't know what to think
> about them. Does anyone know of one where you can pay by the year?

You could pay EL by the year. Call them and see if they will give
you a good $$ deal if you do so.

Check this out also.
http://www.thelist.com/

> "UKALUM85" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Use some other email or newsreader program besides going through
>> AOL and

> it
>> will work. That's why AOL's parental controls mean nothing.
>> You just

> have
>> to bypass their browser and possibly IE and use something else.
>>

>> "mpg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:JocJa.59679$(E-Mail Removed) thlink.net...
>> > Is it possible for someone with AOL to see this message board?

Gary G. Taylor

mpg wrote:

> I am trying Earthlink right now and I don't know what to think about them.

EarthStink is rapidly developing a reputation as a spam-friendly ISP and
also as an ISP which sells its customers' email addresses to others. I
would stay away from them if I were you.

--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

mpg

I ask Earthlink support about if they sell info about their customers and
the said no and I ask if they share any information at all and they said no
"Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0ztJa.1212$(E-Mail Removed) gy.com...
> mpg wrote:
>

> > I am trying Earthlink right now and I don't know what to think about

them.

> EarthStink is rapidly developing a reputation as a spam-friendly ISP and
> also as an ISP which sells its customers' email addresses to others. I
> would stay away from them if I were you.
>
> --
> Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
> gary at cdfound dot org / http:// geetee dot cdfound dot org
> "The two most abundant things in the universe
> are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

Jimchip

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:26:04 GMT, Gary G. Taylor wrote:
> mpg wrote:
>

>> I am trying Earthlink right now and I don't know what to think about them.

> EarthStink is rapidly developing a reputation as a spam-friendly ISP and
> also as an ISP which sells its customers' email addresses to others.

"rapidly developing a reputation"? Care to post any refs?

While I'm not going to defend ELN as an ISP (I have had some past experience
with them), I am especially interested in the "sells its customers' email
addresses to others" allegation. They just won a big lawsuit against
spammers.

Can you provide any proof at all for your allegation?

[snip]

(lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

trout

mpg wrote:

> I ask Earthlink support about if they sell info about their customers
> and the said no and I ask if they share any information at all and
> they said no

Yes and no. From the site:
"in instances where EarthLink and a partner jointly promote the
Services, EarthLink may provide the partner certain personal
information, such as the name, address, and username of persons who
subscribed to the Services as a result of the joint promotion for the
sole purpose of allowing us and the partner to assess the results of the
promotion."

Earthlink Privacy Policy:
http://www.earthlink.net/about/policies/privacy/
--