Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Zalman 7000-Cu or 7000-AlCu

Re: Zalman 7000-Cu or 7000-AlCu

The 5th Quincunx

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "The 5th Quincunx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I'm after a quiet, performance heatsink, and the Zalman 7000 seems to be

the
> >pick of the bunch. I've found a range of reviews for either the all

copper
> >7000-Cu, or the Aluminium Copper composite 7000-AlCu. The Copper version

is
> >noticeably heavier and costlier - which isn't good, but would be

tolerated
> >if it performed noticeably better. However, the AlCu reviews I've seen
> >suggested that the Aluminium fins compensate for the better heat
> >conductivity of the copper, by being better heat-shedders. Or something

like
> >that. Accordingly, I can't find many suggestions that the extra 10 bucks

and
> >500 grams of the copper unit is money well spent.
> >
> >Has anyone either read a head to head comparison review, or used both

units?
> >I don't mind the extra outlay or out-of-spec weight if the performance is
> >justified. So, is it?
> >

> Have a Look at
>
> http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm
>
> Scroll down the list and the various Zalman are at the bottom.
>
> Hope this helps

No sign of the Zalman 7000-Cu or 7000-AlCu there.

Strontium

Do a google for 7000cu, not 7000-cu

-

--
Strontium

"Shortcuts are self-defeating. Mean. If you cannot do it,
clean, you'll never reach your reward..." - 311

Strontium

Geez, OE was set to ascend, versus 'descend' view. I, really, need to pay
attention to dates!
-
Strontium stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

SNIP!

KahKeeNang

Strontium wrote:
> Do a google for 7000cu, not 7000-cu
>
> -
> The 5th Quincunx stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
>
>> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Have a Look at
>>>
>>> http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm
>>>
>>> Scroll down the list and the various Zalman are at the bottom.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps

>> No sign of the Zalman 7000-Cu or 7000-AlCu there.

For me, if non-overclock, the default heatsink & fan will suffice

--
To deter unsolicited reply, pls do not click default
"REPLY" which is a anti-spam non-existance email

......................//)

This is computer generated. No signature will be required.