Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: yenc pictures

Re: yenc pictures

the real TOMMY Tutalidge

They were invented by some member of some underground organization a friend of
a friend and all that. Basically they're posted to drive people right off the
deep end to make them think something has gone wrong with their connection or
their computers. These postings also waste tremendous amounts of bandwidth as
everything has to be reposted at least 47 times as well as all the comments
about these yenc posts. I believe they came about back in the days of the amiga
computers and the 14.4 baud rate modems. Way back around 1992 a few posted in
this "yenc" which is a slur of yankee meaning foreign. They are just posted
today to disrupt newsgroups.