Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Advise needed

Advise needed

Ling Chung Shum

I with NTL broadband
and I got a question to ask

If My System Crash and I need to reinstall my OS after reinstall the OS, how
do I set up Broadband again, Is it by the CD the NTL Provided??

PLease reply asap

me

yes

"Ling Chung Shum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mU2Ja.6078$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I with NTL broadband
> and I got a question to ask
>
> If My System Crash and I need to reinstall my OS after reinstall the OS,

how
> do I set up Broadband again, Is it by the CD the NTL Provided??
>
> PLease reply asap

Gary

"Ling Chung Shum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mU2Ja.6078$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I with NTL broadband
> and I got a question to ask
>
> If My System Crash and I need to reinstall my OS after reinstall the OS,

how
> do I set up Broadband again, Is it by the CD the NTL Provided??
>
> PLease reply asap

If using Ethernet connection (network cable + Network card) with a cable
modem, then all you need to do is create a standard LAN connection and set
up the TCP/IP protocol in that conenction so that it obtains an Ip address
and DNS server automatically. Setup IE connection settings to automatically
detect settings (IE - Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Lan Settings).

If using a USB connection between your pc and the cable modem then you might
need the disk for the drivers, but since i dont use that i cant help there.

No Point setting up your email, haha , it never works, hasnt worked for me
since may.

Good Luck

Gary

Richard

"Ling Chung Shum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mU2Ja.6078$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I with NTL broadband
> and I got a question to ask
>
> If My System Crash and I need to reinstall my OS after reinstall the OS,

how
> do I set up Broadband again, Is it by the CD the NTL Provided??
>
> PLease reply asap

Yes. And using the drivers provided for the modem. May be on a seperate
floppy disk.

Bill

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Vg3Ja.1138$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If using Ethernet connection (network cable + Network card) with a cable
> modem, then all you need to do is create a standard LAN connection and set
> up the TCP/IP protocol in that conenction so that it obtains an Ip address
> and DNS server automatically. Setup IE connection settings to

automatically
> detect settings (IE - Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Lan Settings).

It's as easy as that is it!

Thank heavens we can't get broadband round here, it took me three months to
get my head round setting up dialup connections.

Bill

Prof

If it is like a DSL line you should copy the information in Control Panel
under Networking, all of the information on IP addresses like DNS settings,
Gateway. On what I have they give you this information on paper and you
have to put it in but you might have it done automatically via your cd. I
would check in control panel and save the information. Also on most crashes
with XP, restoring to a previous time will solve the problem and the drastic
step of totally redoing the system is not necessary.