Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Outlook vs. Outlook Express

Re: Outlook vs. Outlook Express

Kenneth Marson

Hi:
Sorry but the mail was hanging so I cancel it, but it must have sent it
anyways (several times)

"°Mike°" wrote:

> How many times are you going to send this?
>
> On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:42:29 -0400, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Kenneth Marson scrawled:
>
> >Hi:
> > I did the repair but it didn't change anything. If I try to send a
> >page
> >by email from IE6 from the "file" menu nothing happens. If I try to
> >send a
> >Word file from the file menu my options are to sent to mail recipient or
> >exchange folder but I do not have "exchange" installed. At least I
> >didn't
> >think it was. There is an Exchange folder but there is only 2 mailbox
> >files
> >in there. Maybe left over from installing Office97 originally. Not a big
> >problem but just curious as to how to fix this.
> >
> >"°Mike°" wrote:
> >
> >> Try the 'Repair' option for IE in Add\Remove programs.
> >>

> <snip>
>
> --
> STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Kenneth Marson

Hi:
I made OE6 the default but still no difference. Thanks again for yourhelp.

Kenneth Marson wrote:

> Hi:
> Sorry but the mail was hanging so I cancel it, but it must have sent it
> anyways (several times)
>
> "°Mike°" wrote:
>
> > How many times are you going to send this?
> >
> > On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:42:29 -0400, in
> > <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Kenneth Marson scrawled:
> >
> > >Hi:
> > > I did the repair but it didn't change anything. If I try to send a
> > >page
> > >by email from IE6 from the "file" menu nothing happens. If I try to
> > >send a
> > >Word file from the file menu my options are to sent to mail recipient or
> > >exchange folder but I do not have "exchange" installed. At least I
> > >didn't
> > >think it was. There is an Exchange folder but there is only 2 mailbox
> > >files
> > >in there. Maybe left over from installing Office97 originally. Not abig
> > >problem but just curious as to how to fix this.

> > <snip>
> >
> > --
> > STGP, OGPE24HSHD

°Mike°

Try (although the info is more or less the same):

OLEXP Send To and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook
Express as Default
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;306098

Also try rebooting after affecting the changes.

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:53:39 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Kenneth Marson scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

K. Marson

Hi Mike:
Well I did the registry thing and it seemed there was no dll path for
OE6 so after adding it BINGO it worked. I also notice that for some reason
Microsoft Exchange was also saying it was the default mail program even
though it is not there now. Can I remove this from the registry or should I
leave it alone. Thanks Again.