Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: iexplore

Re: iexplore

°Mike°

Basic system maintenance:

· Close I.E. and empty your temporary internet files from
Control Panel / Internet Options. Be sure to check the
box to include offline content.

· Clean up unnecessary files from your hard drive. HDValet
performs this well, and is highly configurable.

http://www.filelibrary.com:8080/cgi-...05/hdvalet.zip

· Make sure that you do not have too many files and folders in
'My Documents'. Create new folders *outside* of 'My Documents'
and move stuff to the new folders.

· Clean up your registry (you MUST read the FAQs):
Jv16 Power Tools
http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/jv16powertools.shtml
EasyCleaner
http://www.toniarts.com/ecleane.htm

· Streamline your startups - disable what is not necessary:
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.htm
http://www.greatis.com/regrun3startupprograms.htm
http://www.greatis.com/regrun3necessary.htm

· Reboot and immediately empty your Windows\Temp folder.

· Empty your recycle bin.

· Keep your system well maintained.

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:30:00 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>