Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Would like to learn MS programing for embeded applications

Would like to learn MS programing for embeded applications

=?Utf-8?B?TVNfbmV3Ymll?=

I have experience with c programming but my development envronment has been
with a text edirto and GNU C compiler. Is there a good book to learn MSFT
Visual C++ and nhow to use the development environment.

I need to build applications for an embedded module for an automotive
application which is running a version of windows CE. The modules interface
to the vehicle display and bexel if via the invehicle CAN newtwork.

Thanks

Gorm Braarvig

>I have experience with c programming but my development envronment has been
> with a text edirto and GNU C compiler. Is there a good book to learn MSFT
> Visual C++ and nhow to use the development environment.
>
> I need to build applications for an embedded module for an automotive
> application which is running a version of windows CE. The modules
> interface
> to the vehicle display and bexel if via the invehicle CAN newtwork.

Book: Petzold, programming windows, 5th edition I think. (Win32 but on this
level it's the same)

Compiler/Editor:
Free: Visual C++ Express - you will need to customize the build process,
I think. Maybe keep using GNU. Still: Editor is awesome.
$300: Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition - This is what you really need.
Download trial.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/default.aspx
$1200-$10000: MSDN versions - You get whatever you need by DHL as soon as
Microsoft has created it. If you are not paying yourself: this is you
choice.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/products/default.aspx

Check out some webcasts and tutorials on http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/

Have fun!