Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cannot change SSID on DI-634M

Cannot change SSID on DI-634M

dkrasa dkrasa is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
I came over a rather bizarre problem: If I change the SSID in the setup tool of a dlink DI-634M wireless router which I bought used, it will show the new one, but keep transmitting under the previous SSID with the previous seetings regarding security protocol etc. In fact, I am not able to change any of the wireless settings. The new settings will show up in the setup tool but won't take effect. I already tried all different modes of resetting the device (including the so-called crash reset) but nothing helps. I appreciate any comments on that.

Thanks,
David