Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Troubleshooting VPN connection

Troubleshooting VPN connection

psychogenic

I'm trying to establish a vpn tunnel between my router and a remote pix
through easy vpn. Isakmp and ipsec can both be established. However
machines on the remote site can not ping my outside interface though
they can from their pix. The remote site is sort of funky where they
now have 2 gateways to the outside (the pix to get to my site and
another device for all other internet access) so I had them manually
add routes on each machine to use the PIX as their gateway for routes
going to me. I'm not sure what's failing here. This is what I had them
add:

route add 65.132.40.0 0.0.0.255 X.X.X.X

where X.X.X.X is the Inside interface of their PIX and the network add
and mask (NATed) is the subnet I want them to access on my network.