Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Another rational thinker...

Reply
Thread Tools

OT: Another rational thinker...

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-27-2006
I doubt it. There are a lot of folks out there who will form opinions about
stuff they know virtually nothing about (computers for instance) based on
nothing but crap like this, as long as it comes from the right source.

<rant>
In this case its a bunch of self-congratulatory right-wing morons who wave
their flags and assure each other they are great Americans for doing their
duty to protect mom, God, and apple pie. Today this duty involves staving
off the godless European threat to their perceived American hegemony on
computer technology.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against right wingers, or left wingers,
or any other winger for that matter...until they abdicate independant thought
and start letting other people tell them what to think...about *everything*.
This is fundamentally the same as religious zealotry...the kind that results
in people blowing themselves up for kicks. Or drinking the kool aid...or
naming your kid Suri and beleiving in a religion invented by a sci-fi author
contains legitimate universal truths...
</rant>

Sorry. Really needed to say that somewhere. I feel much better now.
--
John Strohecker, MCSE


"Briscobar" wrote:

> Jeff Dawson <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
> >
> > ...from the good 'ol US of A.
> >
> >

> http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006...to-our-compute
> rs.html
>
>
> That's gotta be a spoof.
>
> --
> KB
>
> MCNGP #26
> Find the meaning of life at www.mcngp.com. Also, free burritos on
> Thursdays.
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-27-2006
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I doubt it. There are a lot of folks out there who will form opinions
> about stuff they know virtually nothing about (computers for instance)
> based on nothing but crap like this, as long as it comes from the
> right source.


Now that's REALLY funny! Just imagine all the addle-headed right wing
fundies out there fulminating about this percieved threat from European
Liberals and Ghodsless Chinese haxorz, and the whole thing stems from
some über-troll's blog!

Oh, fertheluva Cthuhlu, that's bloody hysterical!

We're fscking doomed.

But it's still funny!

--
JaR
MCNGP #22
Remove hat to reply
There is no pithy saying or song lyric so clever it cannot be clubbed
into stupidity by endless repetition as a signature. ~Block's Law #1
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Briscobar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-27-2006
John Strohecker <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
>
> I doubt it. There are a lot of folks out there who will form
> opinions about stuff they know virtually nothing about (computers for
> instance) based on nothing but crap like this, as long as it comes
> from the right source.


Maybe I'm more optimistic than you. I doubt it, since I'm MCNGP, and surly,
pessimistic, and doom-and-gloom by nature, but hey, you might be The One.
Anyway, did you get a chance to read the comments after the "article"? Many
people posted rational (and correct!) thoughts regarding the authors claims
and opinions, but the author posted back multiple times with arguments that
boiled down to nothing more than "yeah but i read it somewhere so it must be
true" or "i know you are but what am i" or "i'm right because i said i'm
right...didn't you read the article?"

> <rant>
> In this case its a bunch of self-congratulatory right-wing morons
> who wave their flags and assure each other they are great Americans
> for doing their duty to protect mom, God, and apple pie. Today this
> duty involves staving off the godless European threat to their
> perceived American hegemony on computer technology.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against right wingers, or left
> wingers, or any other winger for that matter...until they abdicate
> independant thought and start letting other people tell them what to
> think...about *everything*. This is fundamentally the same as
> religious zealotry...the kind that results in people blowing
> themselves up for kicks. Or drinking the kool aid...or naming your
> kid Suri and beleiving in a religion invented by a sci-fi author
> contains legitimate universal truths... </rant>
>
> Sorry. Really needed to say that somewhere. I feel much better now.


For the record, I have no problem with the majority of people in this world
blowing themselves up just for kicks. It's the innocent bystanders I'm
concerned about.

Also, whether we agree with them or not, rants and raves are generally
accepted in this NG as on-topic. Especially when they're overflowing with
contempt for morans.

--
KB

MCNGP #26
Please to be www.mcngp.com visits!


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jtyc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-27-2006
> Or drinking the kool aid

I have to be honest here, I like Kool Aid, I grew up on it. If you don't
like, go f' yourself.



I feel better, thank you.



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-27-2006

KB wrote:


> Maybe I'm more optimistic than you. I doubt it, since I'm MCNGP, and surly,
> pessimistic, and doom-and-gloom by nature, but hey, you might be The One.


Hmmm...never considered the fact that I might be THE ONE...although I do
periodically download kung fu updates for my firmware, and dodge bullets by
doing slow-mo limbo. I also look very cool in a long black leather trench
coat.

In all seriousness, you are right. My cynicism kung fu is very strong.

> Anyway, did you get a chance to read the comments after the "article"? Many
> people posted rational (and correct!) thoughts regarding the authors claims
> and opinions, but the author posted back multiple times with arguments that
> boiled down to nothing more than "yeah but i read it somewhere so it must be
> true" or "i know you are but what am i" or "i'm right because i said i'm
> right...didn't you read the article?"


I tried to read the comments, but got too ****ed off after the first few
were the author and poster patting each other on the back...I will go back
and try to force myself to read the rest.

John
 
Reply With Quote
 
kpg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-27-2006
> I also look very cool in a long black leather trench coat.


Everybody looks very cool in a long black leather trench coat
 
Reply With Quote
 
Briscobar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-27-2006
kpg <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
>
>> I also look very cool in a long black leather trench coat.

>
>
> Everybody looks very cool in a long black leather trench coat



Yes this is not indicitave of being The One. It is a requirement, but it is
not sufficient, as most people look cool in such attire.[1]


[1] Most people. Not everyone. Think "Rosie O'Donnell"[2]
[2] Sorry for mentioning The Beast.

--
KB

MCNGP #26
To the window! To the wall! Till the sweat drop down my
www.mcngp.com....


 
Reply With Quote
 
Frisbee®
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-27-2006
"kpg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns97B285718E6C9ipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .
>> I also look very cool in a long black leather trench coat.

>
>
> Everybody looks very cool in a long black leather trench coat


Especially Rowdy Yates.

I suddenly have a craving for spaghetti.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Consultant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-27-2006
that is off topic for this forum

>. I could go on and on, but this the
> right forum.
> --
> John Strohecker, MCSE
>
>
> "Jeff Dawson" wrote:
>
>> ...from the good 'ol US of A.
>>
>> http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006...computers.html
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Consultant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-27-2006
specially the trenchcoat mafia!

"kpg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns97B285718E6C9ipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .
>> I also look very cool in a long black leather trench coat.

>
>
> Everybody looks very cool in a long black leather trench coat



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rational Unified Process in .NET Development Bijoy Naick ASP .Net 1 12-04-2004 05:34 AM
Rational Unified Process Bijoy Naick ASP .Net 0 12-03-2004 05:07 PM
any java based open source alternative to rational Rose CASE tools? manchi Java 5 01-06-2004 06:46 PM
Rational Clearcase API Ajay Singh Tomar Java 1 12-10-2003 01:43 PM
Rational Jenny ASP .Net 1 08-22-2003 11:55 AM



Advertisments