Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Routing Individual addresses

Routing Individual addresses

moomooo

I have two separate individual IP's routed down to us from our ISP and I
have a Class C /29 subnet giving me 6 usable Public IP's.

I would like to use the two separate individual IP's for my Cisco 827 router
& my firewalls ext interface. Also I would like to route the /29 subnet to
a DMZ segment connected to the firewall.

One problem, ISP requires a single address assigned to the Dialer interface
from the /29 subnet. Its negotiated upon connection.

Currently I have my public servers protected by ACL's on the 827. Then have
firewall to protect LAN. Is there any advantage of moving my DMZ to a
third NIC behind my firewall?

What would be the best approach? Not sure if I could have a /29 address on
my router and individually route the rest of the subnet one by one to DMZ
behind firewall.