Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > RSS Problem with My.Yahoo

RSS Problem with My.Yahoo

Dave Lee

My apologies for probably being in the wrong group, but there does seem to
be some discussion possibly related to my problem. I have a typical,
personalized "my.yahoo" page and recently most all of the newsfeeds are no
longer updated. It happens on IE and Firefox, doesn't matter if I am looking
at my personalized page or if I log out and go to the generic my.yahoo page,
and seems to only be a My.Yahoo problem.

I am assuming that somehow the RSS processing being done in my system is
somehow screwed up. Any ideas about how to proceed here? Rebuilding the page
doesn't seem to help, although in most cases adding a RSS link that I've
never used before does seem to work.

Are there possibly badly corrupted entries in a cookies file that might need
to be cleaned up? Should I maybe just go on an Easter Egg hunt through my
cookies and dump any that appear to be related to this? Better ideas?

Thanks.

dave

ps. I have a 'birds eye view' level understanding of what RSS is and what
XML is, but no practical experience in doing anything with either.

Martin Honnen

Dave Lee wrote:

> My apologies for probably being in the wrong group, but there does seem to
> be some discussion possibly related to my problem. I have a typical,
> personalized "my.yahoo" page and recently most all of the newsfeeds are no
> longer updated. It happens on IE and Firefox, doesn't matter if I am looking
> at my personalized page or if I log out and go to the generic my.yahoo page,
> and seems to only be a My.Yahoo problem.

Then ask support at My.Yahoo or ask in a web forum/group dedicated to
My.Yahoo users.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Dave Lee

"Martin Honnen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:440ad91b$0$13784$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...

> Dave Lee wrote:
>
> > My apologies for probably being in the wrong group, but there does seem

> > be some discussion possibly related to my problem. I have a typical,
> > personalized "my.yahoo" page and recently most all of the newsfeeds are

no
> > longer updated. It happens on IE and Firefox, doesn't matter if I am

looking
> > at my personalized page or if I log out and go to the generic my.yahoo

page,
> > and seems to only be a My.Yahoo problem.

> Then ask support at My.Yahoo or ask in a web forum/group dedicated to
> My.Yahoo users.
>

> --
>
> Martin Honnen
> http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

If Yahoo has a genuine user suppport path to a human, I haven't found it. My
instincts tell me that this isn't a problem on their end, based on the
information that I've got. The My.Yahoo specific efforts thus far haven't
yielded anything that was useful in this case.

dave