Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Outputting HTML via XSL

Outputting HTML via XSL

hoopsbhoy67@aol.com

I am currently writing a weblogging application which uses xml as entry
storage and xsl to transform these posts into HTML. The entry file has
and element <body> which is used to store the body of the blog entry.
Inside the body I want it to be possible for the user to add some
simple html elements such as links, paragraphs, bold, italics
underlines and images. Any time I add html code to the body it is
display as html code when it is transformed by the xsl.

How can I get it to display properly?

Peter Flynn

> I am currently writing a weblogging application which uses xml as entry
> storage and xsl to transform these posts into HTML. The entry file has
> and element <body> which is used to store the body of the blog entry.
> Inside the body I want it to be possible for the user to add some
> simple html elements such as links, paragraphs, bold, italics
> underlines and images. Any time I add html code to the body it is
> display as html code when it is transformed by the xsl.
>
> How can I get it to display properly?

This is a FAQ: see http://xml.silmaril.ie/authors/html/

///Peter