Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > xsl-fo external graphic with source in HTTPS

xsl-fo external graphic with source in HTTPS

zxcv

I have inherited an app that is using java to generate images that it
loads into a PDF via external-graphic in XSL-FO. The problem I have is
that my architecture environment is going to require in a few months
that all calls made from my app be done via HTTPS. Currently the app
makes these image source calls via HTTP. However, it seems to me that
FOP is incapable of issuing these HTTPS requests. The code never gets
called, while as a standalone the images have no problem generating via
calls to HTTP or HTTPS. Note that I have verified that my certificate
is in my "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and there is no
invalid certificate challenge when using the application.

Is anyone familiar with this behavior? Do you know of any way to
correct it (manually or with a newer release of FOP)?

Also, I was considering a way of importing my images into the PDF by
passing them in a BLOB parameter and then physically inserting them
into the PDF but I cannot figure out a way to do this. It seems that
fo:external-graphic is looking for a URI, not a binary stream.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions, links, etc.