Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML Scenario Question

XML Scenario Question

needin4mation@gmail.com

Not sure where to ask this. I'm using .net, but not really a .net
question. In a typical XML data sharing scenario, web service, Company
A has a database. They share it via a web service. But, what if
Company A has such an old system they cannot produce a web service.
Like someone with a 20 year old VAX or something. I always see
"sharing between disparate" systems on XML tutorials and scenarios, but
don't these disparate systems have to be able to create a consumable
web service to begin with?