Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > traffic xml data

traffic xml data

matt

Does anyone know of a service, that provides driving traffic information in
the form of xml? I see several large cities have information on the web,
including traffic cameras. traffic.com has an RSS feed which has some
information but when i looked at it, you can't really tell where the traffic
problem is.

The goal is to write a program that can take your location, such as zip
code, or road/direction/city, or lat/long coordinates and see if there are
traffic problems in the area, or better yet, look at each road along the way
for traffic problems. i can provide all of this information, but i need to
know where ot get traffic info

thanks!

Tjerk Wolterink

matt wrote:
> Does anyone know of a service, that provides driving traffic information in
> the form of xml? I see several large cities have information on the web,
> including traffic cameras. traffic.com has an RSS feed which has some
> information but when i looked at it, you can't really tell where the traffic
> problem is.
>
> The goal is to write a program that can take your location, such as zip
> code, or road/direction/city, or lat/long coordinates and see if there are
> traffic problems in the area, or better yet, look at each road along the way
> for traffic problems. i can provide all of this information

huh? so you can get the information?? else you cant provide it.

>, but i need to
> know where ot get traffic info

But you said you have this info available...
dont understand you there.

Anyways get in contact with the corporation that generate such info,
you can probably subscribe to a web service that gives you the info
you want.

> thanks!

matt

I can by using GPS/Navigiation software to get data about the road. I want
to incorperate traffic information into this. I have the first part, i'm
looking for traffic information.

news:doh58d$u7k$(E-Mail Removed)...