Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Can you specify the path of a .dtd file using an environmentl variable?

Can you specify the path of a .dtd file using an environmentl variable?

ezmiller

Here is the situation. I have a series of xml files each of which are
linked to one of a set of .xsl files that perform transformations. The
problem is that I want to be able to open these .xml files on differnet
computers without having to modify the path which specifies the
location of the dtd and/or xsl files.

After setting an environment variable "XMLNOTESPROJECT% to the correct
path I tried the following:
<!DOCTYPE article SYSTEM "%XMLNOTESPROJECT%/article_notes.dtd">

It did not work.

How can I tie the path to a system variable?