Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > How do you express recursion in XML

How do you express recursion in XML

Stephen Lohning

Is it possible to express recursion in XML. I am thinking in particular
of directories in file systems?

Andrew Thompson

Stephen Lohning wrote:

> Is it possible to express recursion in XML. I am thinking in particular
> of directories in file systems?

Thinking is good, reading the group to check if the thought
is original might also help. The problem of representing
a nested directory/file structure in XML has been discussed
recently.

Peter Flynn

Stephen Lohning wrote:

> Is it possible to express recursion in XML.

Just nest one element inside another as deep as you need.

> I am thinking in
> particular of directories in file systems?

See the recent thread starting at Message-ID
<dl2fb5$ibj$(E-Mail Removed)>

///Peter
--
XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/