Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XPath Question

XPath Question

andy

I am using XPath for the Electric XML Parser and having trouble getting
simple XPath queries to work. The following query works:

document.getElement(new
XPath("/PreliminaryEscrowAccountAnalysis[@testAttr='123']"));

where I am retrieving all nodes with the following attribute. But when
I try to run the following query:

document.getElement(new
XPath("/PreliminaryEscrowAccountAnalysis[LoanNum='222222222']"));

I get the following error:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:
"LoanNum='222222222'"

Anybody have any ideas?

Martin Honnen

andy wrote:

> I am using XPath for the Electric XML Parser and having trouble getting
> simple XPath queries to work.

> I get the following error:
>
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:
> "LoanNum='222222222'"

Maybe there is a dedicated mailing list for that Java
software/parser/XPath API you use where you could find help on that.
The XPath expression looks syntactically correct.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/