Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Is this a good place for topics concerning Altova Mapforce?

Is this a good place for topics concerning Altova Mapforce?

lukaslatz@yahoo.com

Hi group

I'm fed up with the Altova Mapforce user forum because posts go missing
and it's slow.
Is there a group especially for vendor-specific topics/issues or are
these things ok in comp.text.xml ?

Cheers

Lukas

Martin Honnen

> I'm fed up with the Altova Mapforce user forum because posts go missing
> and it's slow.
> Is there a group especially for vendor-specific topics/issues or are
> these things ok in comp.text.xml ?

You can try here if you want but if you are looking for expertise on a
particular tool then chances are you find that in a forum dedicated to
that tool.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Stylus Studio

Hi Lukas,

Why not try Stylus Studio's XML mapping tools:
http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_mapper.html

You'll find the support forums to be more responsive.
http://www.stylusstudio.com/SSDN/

Sincerely,
The Stylus Studio Team
http://www.stylusstudio.com

spiff

Always those lame Stylus commercials. No information which could be
useful to the thread, just marketing...

Sorry, but somehow I don't like this (the postings).

Regards

Nick Kew

spiff wrote:
> Always those lame Stylus commercials. No information which could be
> useful to the thread, just marketing...
>
> Sorry, but somehow I don't like this (the postings).

It's OK. You're not the only one who finds their crap here
annoying. Which is a shame, because it *looks* ontopic enough
that its author should be welcome here if he/she participated
instead of spamming. But perhaps that would just demonstrate
ignorance, and warn us off just as effectively as the spam.

--
Nick Kew

Lukas

I'll try here then. I'd hoped to find a more specific group but no luck
so far.

Lukas

While searching usenet (and the web) for references relevant to my
problem, almost half of the hits for "mapforce" were advertisement SPAM
from you guys.
These posts disrupt the functioning of usenet.
I'd never buy a product from a company which employs spamming as a
marketing strategy.
There you have it.

spiff

That's true. This is an additional point (getting not relevant hits on
searching). Maybe part of the strategy?