Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > free xml diff ?

free xml diff ?

surfunbear@yahoo.com

Are there any free xml diff utilities out there ?
One that you don't have to download and build, log into a website and
create an account before downloading etc ? I have diffdog and something
from stylus, but it's a trial period, so pretty soon it
may stop working.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Peyronnet?=

Hi,

> Are there any free xml diff utilities out there ?

It depends on what you want to do :

- If you want to compare files with the same XML structure, libxmldiff &
xmlTreeNav may do what you want :

Command Line tool : http://freshmeat.net/projects/libxmldiff/
GUI : http://freshmeat.net/projects/xmltreenav/

Windows & Linux binaries are provided on the home page.

- If you are comparing two documents with different structures, ssddiff
(http://ssddiff.alioth.debian.org/) is really amazing but need to be
built (very easy one).

Both are free.

Hth