Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > HTML editor

HTML editor

mvemjgunp

I know this is not the HTML newsgroup but I think this one is read
most......so here it is:
Anyone know where I can get a free HTML editor (no Notepad or similar)?

Thanks, Mark

David Dorward

mvemjgunp wrote:

> I know this is not the HTML newsgroup but I think this one is read
> most

There are a goodly number of HTML newsgroups, and the obvious two
(comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html and alt.html) are both high traffic
ones. I think they are higher traffic then comp.text.xml (but can't be
bothered to count posts).

The subject of HTML is entirely off-topic for XML (except in that you might
generate HTML from XML, which you aren't).

> Anyone know where I can get a free HTML editor (no Notepad or similar)?

Define "similar". Are you looking for a graphical HTML generator? The only
one I've encountered that comes close to being decent is Dreamweaver, and
it doesn't come close to being a good substitut for not knowing HTML.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Peter Flynn

mvemjgunp wrote:

> I know this is not the HTML newsgroup but I think this one is read
> most......so here it is:
> Anyone know where I can get a free HTML editor (no Notepad or similar)?

Have you tried typing

free html editor

into Google? If not, why not?

///Peter

Michael Sweet

mvemjgunp wrote:
> I know this is not the HTML newsgroup but I think this one is read
> most......so here it is:
> Anyone know where I can get a free HTML editor (no Notepad or similar)?

I'm fairly impressed with Amaya - Google will find you the right
link for a download.

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products mike at easysw dot com
Internet Printing and Publishing Software http://www.easysw.com

Harrie

Why not? According to http://www.notepad.org/ it's the world's most versatile HTML free editing tool, compatible with all future web formats and a bunch of other features.

--
Regards
Harrie

reclusive monkey

I've been a fan of HTMLKit for quite some time now.

http://www.chami.com/html-kit/