Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Steps to generate XML document from data

Steps to generate XML document from data

soundarya

I have a UI consisting of four fields - username,password,date of
birth,location. I need to read the data from the textboxes and generate
a xml document.
Can you please explain the steps followed to generate a XML document in
detail?

David Dorward

soundarya wrote:

> I have a UI consisting of four fields - username,password,date of
> birth,location. I need to read the data from the textboxes and generate
> a xml document.
> Can you please explain the steps followed to generate a XML document in
> detail?

No, there are too many variables.

In short:

1. Pick programming language (e.g. Perl)
2. Find library for that programming language that lets you interact with
the UI (e.g. Perl-Gtk). RTFM.
3. Find library for that programming language for generating XML (e.g.
XML::Simple). RTFM.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

soundarya

How do i generate xml document in java?