Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > hr-xml localized description

hr-xml localized description

fxparlant

Hello,

I didn't find a specific newsgroup for HR-xml, excuse me for posting
here.

Can I build a resume with several "description" tags, one for each
language ?
Or should I start a whole hierarchy with another xml:lang?

Exemple 1: TWINS "DESCRIPTION" TAGS

<PositionHistory>
<Title>Assistant RH </Title>
<Description xml:lang="FR">Le détail en français</Description>
<Description xml:lang="EN">The english description</Description>
</PositionHistory>
</pre>

--------------------------------
Exemple 2: DOUBLE HIERARCHY
--------------------------------

<PositionHistory xml:lang="FR">
<Title>Assistant RH </Title>
<Description xml:lang="FR">Le détail en français</Description>
</PositionHistory>
<PositionHistory xml:lang="EN">
<Title>HR Assistant</Title>
<Description xml:lang="EN">The english description</Description>
</PositionHistory>

Thanks for any answer or forward to a page of information.

François

Peter Flynn

fxparlant wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I didn't find a specific newsgroup for HR-xml, excuse me for posting
> here.
>

> Can I build a resume with several "description" tags, one for each
> language ?
> Or should I start a whole hierarchy with another xml:lang?

I think this is something you need to ask the HR-xml Consortium.
www.hr-xml.org

///Peter

fxparlant

Thanks a lot Peter, for taking time to answer. unfortunatelyfor me, I
had to send this SOS because nowhere could be found help on the
HR-xml.org site.

Will you agree that the "request information" page, is only dedicated
to future membership ?

Please, if there is a support page that I didn't notice on the
hr-xml.org site, mention it to me, I'll be very grateful.

François

Peter Flynn

fxparlant wrote:

> Thanks a lot Peter, for taking time to answer. unfortunatelyfor me, I
> had to send this SOS because nowhere could be found help on the
> HR-xml.org site.

I think you have to be a member to get help, and that involves payment.

> Will you agree that the "request information" page, is only dedicated
> to future membership ?

The site does look a little sparse. What the British call "all hat and
no knickers".

> Please, if there is a support page that I didn't notice on the
> hr-xml.org site, mention it to me, I'll be very grateful.

I'm afraid I saw nothing there.

///Peter

fxparlant

I did my best searching their site; glad to see it is not a matter
personal blindness.

Nevertheless, I'd like to hear someone about the fact that most of the
tags used in the HR-xml model of resume are language dependant:
*"title" for position title
*description
*competency

How to handle the structure with the use of
"LanguageDependentTextType" ?

Thanks for your concern

François
www.fxparlant.net