Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Alternative to Authentic View

Alternative to Authentic View

Vitali Gontsharuk

Hi!

We are looking for an alternative to the Altova's Authentic View
technology. The reason for that is that we have pretty complex XML
Schemas with derivation from abstract types and other complex things...
Altova's StyleVision (which is the program to create StyleVision Power
Stylesheets which then can be used in the free Authentic View Browser to
visually edit a schema-conform XML file) is pretty functional and easy
to use, but it often becomes unstable and is yet not enough functional
for our needs. One of such needs would be the support of abstract type
usage, which it obviously doesn't support.
So what we need is a set of tools, which allow to define a visual
template which then would be used to enter data to an XML file in a
visual manner.
An alternative would be the Mozilla's XUL technology, but using this
technology implies rather programming than editing...

Waiting forward to your ideas,
Vitali Gontsharuk