Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Very Large XML Files (where to get?)

Very Large XML Files (where to get?)

coredumper

Anyone know where I can download very large (30MB - 100+MB) "real
world" XML files?

Gerald Aichholzer

coredumper wrote:
> Anyone know where I can download very large (30MB - 100+MB) "real
> world" XML files?

why don't you just generate one? this can be done with a few
lines of code.

Gerald

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=

Gerald Aichholzer wrote:

>> Anyone know where I can download very large (30MB - 100+MB) "real
>> world" XML files?

Here are some:

http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools...periments.html

> why don't you just generate one? this can be done with a few
> lines of code.

Indeed, that's what I usually do for testing.
For example, try this AWK script produces
well-formed XML data that some well-known
parsers can't read (in acceptable time).

# Let's see if a tag can have 10000 attributes.
BEGIN {
print "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>"
print "<root "
for (i=1; i<=10000; i++)
printf("a%d='%d'\n", i, i)
print "/>"
}

coredumper

sure easy enough to perl my way through, but i was hoping to ge
something that is being used for something, "real world" so to speak.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=

coredumper wrote:

> sure easy enough to perl my way through, but i was hoping to ge
> something that is being used for something, "real world" so to speak.

I gave you a link to something that is used for something.
Here is a description of an amino acid data base containing
about 100 MB of data:

http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools...html#swissprot