Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > standoff XML markup tools?

standoff XML markup tools?

Pomax

Does anyone know of a good standoff markup tool that isn't Gate?

I've tried to work with gate but it's very obviously not meant as a
commercial or intuitive product, so I'm looking for programs that
simply let me create standoff XML annotions with a reasonable
functionality such as shifting the markup integrally through the data
file, show/hide markup code, and uses a milestone/syncpoint system so
that editing the data outside the program itself doesn't lead to a
horribly broken markup (at the very least something that flags that the
data file changed at several points and need to be reannotated in those
parts)

I've stumbled upon MMAX 2, which seems somewhat academic oriented as
well (a java based program with only a marginal UI), but I'd really
like to find a normal, professionally designed, XML editor that does
standoff markup as well.

Any ideas?

(I really don't want to have to code this myself......)

- Mike Kamermans