Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Test SOAP client

Test SOAP client

Denis

I have to test a web service that uses soap as an interface.
I could need some lightweiht program that takes text file or a user
input and passes it to the server as a soap request and displays the
response. Would be very helpful for me.

Martin Honnen

Denis wrote:

> I have to test a web service that uses soap as an interface.
> I could need some lightweiht program that takes text file or a user
> input and passes it to the server as a soap request and displays the
> response. Would be very helpful for me.

There are several frameworks for different languages which allow you to
generate a web service client by reading the WSDL description of the web
service. So decide on the language you want to use, for instance Java,
and then look for web service proxy client generation.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Denis

Martin Honnen wrote:

>> I have to test a web service that uses soap as an interface.
>> I could need some lightweiht program that takes text file or a user
>> input and passes it to the server as a soap request and displays the
>> response. Would be very helpful for me.

> There are several frameworks for different languages which allow you to
> generate a web service client by reading the WSDL description of the web
> service. So decide on the language you want to use, for instance Java,
> and then look for web service proxy client generation.

Sorry, new to soap, and not aquinted with WSDL. Is there just a simple
..exe, something I can use to type the soap envelope in, and get the
response? Or something that takes a text file or a xm fil from the drive
and sends it as a request.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=

Denis wrote:

> I have to test a web service that uses soap as an interface.
> I could need some lightweiht program that takes text file or a user
> input and passes it to the server as a soap request and displays the
> response. Would be very helpful for me.

You could use netcat to transmit input to the
service and also to receive the response.
I had the same problem when I developed
a SOAP client with GNU Awk's XML extension.
Maybe you can use it:

http://home.vrweb.de/~juergen.kahrs/...rvice-via-SOAP

Ian Wilson

Denis wrote:
> I have to test a web service that uses soap as an interface.
> I could need some lightweiht program that takes text file or a user
> input and passes it to the server as a soap request and displays the
> response. Would be very helpful for me.

If you are capable of editing a text file, you could put this in it ..
(From http://guide.soaplite.com/)

#!perl -w
use SOAP::Lite;
print SOAP::Lite