Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Why RDF?

Why RDF?

Niyati

Hi all,
I am new to RDF and I wanted to know..
Why Mozilla is using RDF so extensively while they have already got
great support for XML? What could be the core reasons for it?

I would be really thankful to you, if you can give some links to good
documents where I can find the reason why people are migrating to RDF.

Thanks in advance,
Niyati.

Jan Roland Eriksson

On 13 May 2005 23:49:19 -0700, "Niyati" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I am new to RDF and I wanted to know..
>Why Mozilla is using RDF so extensively while they have already got
>great support for XML? What could be the core reasons for it?

Me thinks you have a basic misunderstanding of things here.

RDF exists and there is an application of XML defined for it.

>I would be really thankful to you, if you can give some links to good
>documents where I can find the reason why people are migrating to RDF.

I don't know if "people are migrating to RDF" but there is this node on
the www where you could start to find out...

<http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/>

--
Rex